• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Opatje4

Oct 29, 2016
Everytime i try to update my MAG 254 it says wrong signature. Even when i try to update via usb it says wrong signature.

What can i do to update my MAG to the newest version?

Rusax

Let me show you the world
Feb 4, 2017
www.rusax.nl
Reseller ID
Rusmir
go to inner portal,

Settings

System Settings

Software update,

press OK

and than press red F1 button

Rusax

Feb 4, 2017
www.rusax.nl
Reseller ID
Rusmir
Our Public manufacturer firmware is here http://soft.infomir.com.ua/
Public manufacturer firmware for MAG254 http://soft.infomir.com.ua/mag254/release/0.2.18-r9/
It is neccessary to update on Public manufacturer firmware from Bootloader (BIOS) menu using multicast or USB&Bootstrap (we recommend to update using multicast).

How to open Bootloader (BIOS) menu http://wiki.infomir.eu/doku.php/en:stb_webkit:faq:bios_settings_mag200_250
Documentation about updating http://wiki.infomir.eu/doku.php/en:stb_webkit:faq:update_firmware_mag200_250

If you will have the same message "Wrong digital signature" while updating from Bootloader (BIOS) menu using multicast, then your STB is signed with operator key and it can be updated on operator's firmware only. In this case you need to contact directly with your IPTV service provider.

Opatje4

Oct 29, 2016
Our Public manufacturer firmware is here http://soft.infomir.com.ua/
Public manufacturer firmware for MAG254 http://soft.infomir.com.ua/mag254/release/0.2.18-r9/
It is neccessary to update on Public manufacturer firmware from Bootloader (BIOS) menu using multicast or USB&Bootstrap (we recommend to update using multicast).

How to open Bootloader (BIOS) menu http://wiki.infomir.eu/doku.php/en:stb_webkit:faq:bios_settings_mag200_250
Documentation about updating http://wiki.infomir.eu/doku.php/en:stb_webkit:faq:update_firmware_mag200_250

If you will have the same message "Wrong digital signature" while updating from Bootloader (BIOS) menu using multicast, then your STB is signed with operator key and it can be updated on operator's firmware only. In this case you need to contact directly with your IPTV service provider.
It worked thanks.

But now everytime i restart the Mag box there is no Infomir loading screen anymore, only the blue loading from nand one. Is that normal or?

thomas

Aug 11, 2016
I have a small issue, which I'm not so sure how to approach so am wondering if anyone else here can advise. I don't want to follow up my original support request as I'm receiving hopeless responses.

I have a subscription with Mag 254, direct from when the service was 'RapidIPTV', I've been subscribed for just over a year. Before last Christmas I ordered a 6 month, saw the 12 month sale so took that as well so have a nice and long subscription now til June 2018. I don't usually advise long subscriptions with IPTV but this service has been so reliable and the community is good.

Recently I've purchased an Mi box (Android TV) and prefer the style of Perfect Player. I sent a support request in the client-portal.zendesk.com to request a change from Mag to M3U. However, was told as my subscription was registered as a Mag device, I cannot change it to M3U.

I pointed out that my subscription doesn't expire for around a year, and I don't really want to have a keep an extra box, how it will be irritating to have to change devices just for one service. Ideally just cancel the existing Mag subscription and start a new M3U based subscription. I received exactly the same worded response to my initial support email.

So I asked if I can change MAC address so I can trythe STBEmu app, or if they can do anything whatsoever. Support responds bluntly that emulators aren't supported. So I open STBEmu, enter my Mag254 MAC address, and it works no problems. (I know using multiple devices is not allowed but I have no plans to use the Mag box anymore. I don't feel like I really have much choice this time.)

In short, is it really not possible to switch from Mag subscription to M3U? If so why? I can deal with the STBEmu but I don't understand why this is all so complicated. An explanation may help me understand at least. And also if there is a better place to request support direct than the support.clientlink.link for people with direct subs?

My request to me seems quite simple - cancel one service and start another with the expiry date of that original package? I'm really disappointed in the support this time, mainly because it really sounded like no care could be given whatsoever when I feel like I've been quite a loyal customer.

FreddyK

Jan 7, 2017
In new dashboard you can add, change or delete mac address for MAG/Enigma2 boxes and you can have both M3U and MAG on 1 account but you can't use it at same time ofcourse.

Rusax

Feb 4, 2017
www.rusax.nl
Reseller ID
Rusmir
In new dashboard you can add, change or delete mac address for MAG/Enigma2 boxes and you can have both M3U and MAG on 1 account but you can't use it at same time ofcourse.
he has no dashboard yet, its directly from rapid

thomas

Aug 11, 2016
That's what I thought was meant to be the case - at least if you have access to the new dashboard. I've never received any information about it other than reading about it through the forums. Am I right in thinking that it's only accessible to resellers right now? I have another provider who allows changing of MAC address/device through a web control panel and from a user point of view it's all really simple.

Rusax

Feb 4, 2017
www.rusax.nl
Reseller ID
Rusmir
That's what I thought was meant to be the case - at least if you have access to the new dashboard. I've never received any information about it other than reading about it through the forums. Am I right in thinking that it's only accessible to resellers right now? I have another provider who allows changing of MAC address/device through a web control panel and from a user point of view it's all really simple.
they are doing 10 to 15 guys a time, to get them setup with new dashboard and giving out the info how to work with it, be patience youre turn wil come.

youre line is still on old dashboard so it take more work to do it

thomas

Aug 11, 2016
So eventually I will change things like this? That's all ok then, I can use the STBEmu for the time being. This all would have been easier if the support could be a bit more communicative and mention these things. Thanks, appreciate the info :)

thomas

Aug 11, 2016
Big thanks to Rusax. He had this solved within the hour :) That's what I mean when I say this is a good community

wvbeers

Aug 24, 2017
Rusex, is there any update to report?

Still very limited EPG availability on the MAG254 box

What would be a better box to purchase that would resolve the EPG issue.

Kremor

Reseller
Jul 22, 2017
Getting this problem all the time... doesn't matter if I follow any guide!
What am I doing wrong?

Internet works just fine on all devices but the MAG 254.

Check uploaded the photo :)

Attachments

Azole

Verified & Trusted
Reseller
Dec 16, 2016
Reseller ID
Azole
Getting this problem all the time... doesn't matter if I follow any guide!
What am I doing wrong?

Internet works just fine on all devices but the MAG 254.

Check uploaded the photo :)
hi are customer using viasat isp?