• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Ronald Garcia

lorocator
Oct 5, 2016
Reseller ID
lorocator
Hi,

I just bought a subscription from rapidiptv and so far so good. However I am not able to find anywhere information about managing of channels, therefore I can't hide or block certain channels that I wish my kids not to see (i.e. adult channels).

Can you please help, is this possible on a MAG254? I was able to do it on Kodi so I assumed this would have that functionality as well.

Thanks!
If you have adult channels and wish to block them in the Main portal TV channel list, highlight the channel press the APP button, and press OK. works on mine with the remote with the -house and arrow above the OK button. After you do this they will still show up, but you will have to use the password to open them.

After you setup the parental password, it is better to mark each channel as 'favorite' using the yellow button leaving out the ones you don't want (like adults) and then sort by favorites, now only the channels selected will be listed even if you shutdown and reboot the Mag254. This way you don't have to see them in your list.

http://iptvtalk.org/showthread.php?1132-Adult-channel-blocking-mag-254
Thanks mate, it looks very straight forward but can't actually try until I get back home in about 8 hours as I'm at work and very focused hehe. Will confirm once sorted so might help another noob like me.
Regards
lorocator

Reactions: harryporter

Ronald Garcia

lorocator
Oct 5, 2016
Reseller ID
lorocator
Hi,

I'm new to rapidiptv and mag, could you please let me know how to sync date and time on the MAG254 as it's on the year 2000.

I read about putting this on the NPT server, in my case UK:
uk.pool.ntp.org

Is this correct ot is there another step involved?

Many thanks

Cuvillier

Feb 19, 2016
France, FRA
Reseller ID
cuvillier
Hi,

I'm new to rapidiptv and mag, could you please let me know how to sync date and time on the MAG254 as it's on the year 2000.

uk.pool.ntp.org

Many thanks
Yes, you will have to set timezone too

Reactions: Ronald Garcia

Ronald Garcia

lorocator
Oct 5, 2016
Reseller ID
lorocator
Hi harrypotter, I did as you said.
Pressed app and press ok, I see a blue X appear but nothing.
I already have a parental code but nothing it's just doesn't seem to save it, I tried as many combinations as possible but the channel still accessible and no code is required.

Maybe I'm having a moment here, can you please explain the steps in more detail or could it be something in the system not allowing this?

Sorry for that. Thanks

Ronald Garcia

lorocator
Oct 5, 2016
Reseller ID
lorocator
Hi,

uk.pool.ntp.org

Many thanks
Yes, you will have to set timezone too
Yes it worked no problem. Many thanks

Reactions: Cuvillier

harryporter

Dec 9, 2015
Reseller ID
harryportir
It looks like rapidiptv portal is not permiting to have anything blocked except content blocked by them :(

Ronald Garcia

lorocator
Oct 5, 2016
Reseller ID
lorocator
Yes you are right, I'm glad at least I have some confirmation, but definitely is making me think about renewing.

dzenan

Dec 10, 2015
Reseller ID
dzenan1977
Hi I had same problem until I changed ntp server in the settings,au.pool.ntp.org.Change it according to your country

Firat

Jan 30, 2016
Hi I had same problem until I changed ntp server in the settings,au.pool.ntp.org.Change it according to your country
Thanks for the tip! it works perfectly again. I use for Germany 0.de.pool.ntp.org
but the 0 I must also write, otherwise it is not.

Blueplatinum

Nov 10, 2016
I just changed internet service provider. Went from Vodafone LTE (using Fritzbox router) to Movistar LTE (Huawei router).

My MAG 254 isn't working on the new router. Everything acts as normal until I select a channel or video club programme.

The channel starts eventually but takes about 5 minutes. During that time a blue channel name bar will "come and go" along the bottom if the screen.

I cannot find anyone reporting a similar priblem on the forums although I did find references to doing an "IPTV Reset" when changing routers. I have not managed to figure out how to do such a reset though!

Any advice gratefully received. Thank you.

Blueplatinum

Nov 10, 2016
I tested the box on another connection (Movistar fibre) and it is working fine. Back on the LTE connection, the bahaviour has changed now (not sure what I did) - It is loading channels now but after a few minutes a red box appears at the top with "Connection Problem" in it. Then the channel list goes blank.

harryporter

Dec 9, 2015
Reseller ID
harryportir
I tested the box on another connection (Movistar fibre) and it is working fine. Back on the LTE connection, the bahaviour has changed now (not sure what I did) - It is loading channels now but after a few minutes a red box appears at the top with "Connection Problem" in it. Then the channel list goes blank.
Have you tried to update your firmware on cable?

RickDass

Nov 6, 2016
I'm just new to using a MAG 254, the channels are coming though fine, but cant load EPG data, then get "Connection Problem"

harryporter

Dec 9, 2015
Reseller ID
harryportir
Sorry I have tried this but says not image
Format your key in fat32 make dir 254 and copy all files there, then try to flash.

FIRST STEP
1).DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE-- Download and extract from http://soft.infomir.com.ua/ and choose Mag 254
"bootstrap_254" and "imageupdate_ul" then rename both of them to bootstrap and imageupdate respectively.
2).Place the both files (imageupdate and Bootstrap) into a folder called mag254 on your USB stick
SECOND STEP (BIOS) WIPE THE BOX:
PLUG IN POWER SUPPLY > HOLD MENU BUTTON
Enter The BIOS. > choose “Def. Settings” > press the right. If Message "Wrong message" pops up IGNORE;
Press “OK”.> Select “Exit & Save” to save and exit.
STB will reboot automatically.
message ´Tftp load ´ will be on screen. Now unplug POWER lead.
FINAL STEP: (BIOS) FLASH THE BOX
1) Plug the USB Stick in the REAR USB Port
2) Power the STB on - press and hold the MENU button (just above the volume up button - you have to be quick)
3) Go to Upgrade Tools, then USB bootstrap.
This will then flash the STB with all your portal settings, be patient. Proceed with normal set up.

nesobozz

Nov 13, 2016
Reseller ID
-
Hello,

I have one question about the MAG 254.
What Firmware should I use for the Device?

0.2.18-r16a2-254 (30. September 2016)

or

0.2.18-r14-254 (15. January 2016)

best Regards