• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.
Milaim

Milaim

Verified
Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
Reseller ID
Milaim
Xplode

Xplode

Feb 21, 2018
This trick did it for my blocked MAG 322:
Go to "Software autoupdate" menu
Disable autoupdate
Press F2 and update to the December firmware.
Then change youre MAG Portal URL to a new one.

Hope it works for others too!

BaDWeeD

BaDWeeD

Reseller
Jan 20, 2017
Morning all !

If you have a lot of MAG clients that will have problems with flashing their MAG boxes there is an easier way out for them
You can setup your own HTTP update server, this would be just a simple webserver with one single file on it, or just add a few maps if you already have a webserver running.

The only thing needed is the following map structure on webserver root dir: /mag/322/imageupdate
Where 322 can be any model and imageupdate is the factory firmware file.

Important however ! The imageupdate file has to be the Factory images released by Infomir, not the Public ones.
Public firmwares needs to be flashed from System Recovery Utility.
Factory images can be updated from within the Inner Portal.
So the NoBlock firmware can't be flashed this way.
But for MAG322, which is my main headache, we don't need NoBlock.
2.20.05 and 2.20.06 firmwares does not have the URL Blacklist function implemented.

So clients only has to change the HTTP update adress in the Software update setting to the URL provided by you and then do a regular software update from within the Inner portal. This will of course be a downgrade to a older firmware.

M

ml62

Jan 1, 2017
Hi all, tried it yesterday three hours ... no success :(
First bootloader menu/bios screen -> Reset factory and save
then inner Portal -> autoupdate off
bootloader menu/bios Screen -> update from usb ... bootloader/imagefile
after restart Portal address
restart -> blocked :mad:
Did I do something wrong?

4me2know

Reseller
Apr 30, 2017
I have a Mag 254 with a USB connection at the back and I am doing all the steps but getting a 'wrong signature' message. I have tried several USB stick less than 16GB and none work, while these same ones have worked without issues on other mag boxes

Azole

Azole

Verified & Trusted
Reseller
Dec 16, 2016
Sweden
Reseller ID
Azole
I have a Mag 254 with a USB connection at the back and I am doing all the steps but getting a 'wrong signature' message. I have tried several USB stick less than 16GB and none work, while these same ones have worked without issues on other mag boxes
is the box locked ?

4me2know

Reseller
Apr 30, 2017
I tried this on the 322 and it updated the firmware... and when I try to update it again, I can see the current version is NoBlock... but nothing has changed... what portal am I suppose to use now?

4me2know

Reseller
Apr 30, 2017
Think you got it right Azole.
Box is locked with custom operator key.
Check if it responds to ssh.
responds to ssh? The box isn't locked as I programmed it myself a few years ago.

BaDWeeD

BaDWeeD

Reseller
Jan 20, 2017
The box isn't locked as I programmed it myself a few years ago.
Then you should be able to flash it with the NoBlock file
ssh is similar to telnet, a way to login to the console of the box and access it's filesystem.

A

Arian1976

Apr 28, 2018
Reseller ID
Arian1976
hi,i have mag 322w1 and i will write portal url?????

ftoklu

ftoklu

Reseller
Jan 4, 2017
Germany
Reseller ID
sherlock
is the box locked ?
Hi,

one of my customer gets the same when he is trying to update with the noblock file. What do you mean with "locked" in what way? Maybe you know how to unlock so that he dont gets the signatue failure?

I would test it myself but have no mag device to test it.

Thanks in advance for your help

BaDWeeD

BaDWeeD

Reseller
Jan 20, 2017
Hi,

one of my customer gets the same when he is trying to update with the noblock file. What do you mean with "locked" in what way? Maybe you know how to unlock so that he dont gets the signatue failure?

I would test it myself but have no mag device to test it.

Thanks in advance for your help
If he is doing it the right way, as I describe in my post, from System Recovery Menu, and still gets wrong signature, he has not got the original Infomir firmware to begin with but some custom made on.. Several IPTV distrubutors do this, they lock down their MAG boxes with a custom firmware, often hiding the Portal URL menu,

He could try to first upgrade box from Inner portal against Infomirs update server: update.infomir.com
If this also fails with wrong signature there is no hope.. If box has a set Operator key the only one that can remove it is the one who set it or at least know the key.

Last edited:
Reactions: ftoklu
ftoklu

ftoklu

Reseller
Jan 4, 2017
Germany
Reseller ID
sherlock
If he is doing it the right way, as I describe in my post, from System Recovery Menu, and still gets wrong signature, he has not got the original Infomir firmware to begin with but some custom made on.. Several IPTV distrobutors do this, they lock down their MAG boxes with a custom firmware, often hiding the Portal URL menu,

He could try to first upgrade box from Inner portal against Infomirs update server: update.infomir.com
If this also fails with wrong signature there is no hope.. If box has a set Operator key the only one that can remove it is the one who set it or at least know the key.
Thanks mate for the explanation, i will check that all

M

muli

Apr 17, 2017
Access to the web page is blocked. Mag 254w2. It works on my emulator? What should I do to make it work with rapid?

4me2know

Reseller
Apr 30, 2017
If he is doing it the right way, as I describe in my post, from System Recovery Menu, and still gets wrong signature, he has not got the original Infomir firmware to begin with but some custom made on.. Several IPTV distrubutors do this, they lock down their MAG boxes with a custom firmware, often hiding the Portal URL menu,

Badweed, I understand the custom software, except that this is not the problem in my (maybe other's) case. I have updated many boxes and I have encountered your problem when I updated 3rd party boxes. But in this case, it is a box that I previously update that is now given an issue

BaDWeeD

BaDWeeD

Reseller
Jan 20, 2017
Try updating it with the latest firmware from Infomir by doing HTTP Software update from within Inner portal. Once that's done, try flashing hacked firmware from System Recovery menu.

Had this happen to me with a 322 the other day. Said Wrong architecture !?!
So flashed it to 2.20.08r2 and after that flashing again had no issue..