• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

4me2know

Reseller
Apr 30, 2017
Reseller ID
dontimothy
I have a Mag 254 with a USB connection at the back and I am doing all the steps but getting a 'wrong signature' message. I have tried several USB stick less than 16GB and none work, while these same ones have worked without issues on other mag boxes

Azole

Verified & Trusted
Reseller
Dec 16, 2016
Reseller ID
Azole
I have a Mag 254 with a USB connection at the back and I am doing all the steps but getting a 'wrong signature' message. I have tried several USB stick less than 16GB and none work, while these same ones have worked without issues on other mag boxes
is the box locked ?

4me2know

Reseller
Apr 30, 2017
Reseller ID
dontimothy
I tried this on the 322 and it updated the firmware... and when I try to update it again, I can see the current version is NoBlock... but nothing has changed... what portal am I suppose to use now?

BaDWeeD

Jan 20, 2017
The box isn't locked as I programmed it myself a few years ago.
Then you should be able to flash it with the NoBlock file
ssh is similar to telnet, a way to login to the console of the box and access it's filesystem.

Poseidon

Reseller
Jan 4, 2017
Germany
Reseller ID
sherlock
is the box locked ?
Hi,

one of my customer gets the same when he is trying to update with the noblock file. What do you mean with "locked" in what way? Maybe you know how to unlock so that he dont gets the signatue failure?

I would test it myself but have no mag device to test it.

Thanks in advance for your help

BaDWeeD

Jan 20, 2017
Hi,

one of my customer gets the same when he is trying to update with the noblock file. What do you mean with "locked" in what way? Maybe you know how to unlock so that he dont gets the signatue failure?

I would test it myself but have no mag device to test it.

Thanks in advance for your help
If he is doing it the right way, as I describe in my post, from System Recovery Menu, and still gets wrong signature, he has not got the original Infomir firmware to begin with but some custom made on.. Several IPTV distrubutors do this, they lock down their MAG boxes with a custom firmware, often hiding the Portal URL menu,

He could try to first upgrade box from Inner portal against Infomirs update server: update.infomir.com
If this also fails with wrong signature there is no hope.. If box has a set Operator key the only one that can remove it is the one who set it or at least know the key.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poseidon

Poseidon

Reseller
Jan 4, 2017
Germany
Reseller ID
sherlock
If he is doing it the right way, as I describe in my post, from System Recovery Menu, and still gets wrong signature, he has not got the original Infomir firmware to begin with but some custom made on.. Several IPTV distrobutors do this, they lock down their MAG boxes with a custom firmware, often hiding the Portal URL menu,

He could try to first upgrade box from Inner portal against Infomirs update server: update.infomir.com
If this also fails with wrong signature there is no hope.. If box has a set Operator key the only one that can remove it is the one who set it or at least know the key.
Thanks mate for the explanation, i will check that all

muli

Apr 17, 2017
Access to the web page is blocked. Mag 254w2. It works on my emulator? What should I do to make it work with rapid?

4me2know

Reseller
Apr 30, 2017
Reseller ID
dontimothy
If he is doing it the right way, as I describe in my post, from System Recovery Menu, and still gets wrong signature, he has not got the original Infomir firmware to begin with but some custom made on.. Several IPTV distrubutors do this, they lock down their MAG boxes with a custom firmware, often hiding the Portal URL menu,

Badweed, I understand the custom software, except that this is not the problem in my (maybe other's) case. I have updated many boxes and I have encountered your problem when I updated 3rd party boxes. But in this case, it is a box that I previously update that is now given an issue

BaDWeeD

Jan 20, 2017
Try updating it with the latest firmware from Infomir by doing HTTP Software update from within Inner portal. Once that's done, try flashing hacked firmware from System Recovery menu.

Had this happen to me with a 322 the other day. Said Wrong architecture !?!
So flashed it to 2.20.08r2 and after that flashing again had no issue..

Beny

Reseller
Dec 15, 2015
Switzerland
Reseller ID
stariptv
What was the problem when you had Series enabled ?
I'm not having any issues with MAG322 and Series enabled..
Like many others here, the Portal is not loading. All of my clients with 322 have the same problem. If i disable Series, all mag are loading portal again normaly.

BaDWeeD

Jan 20, 2017
Like many others here, the Portal is not loading. All of my clients with 322 have the same problem. If i disable Series, all mag are loading portal again normaly.
Ok, good to know !
I had problems similar to that for about two days, then they mysteriously disappeared just as they arrived..
Empty channel list, jump to wierd looking Media player and occassional black screen.
Black screen was app crash every single time, easy to check if you have a public image and use SSH to connect with box console.
ps aux | grep stbapp will show if main program is running or not, and can be run manually to see whatever error makes it crash.

To bad to have to disable all series really..

Kielbear

Reseller
Aug 9, 2015
Reseller ID
kielbear
As i´ve clients (322 users) on other systems with no problems.. can this problem be down to Rapid and not a box problem??