• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Cuvillier

Feb 19, 2016
France, FRA
Reseller ID
cuvillier
Hello

I have problems with my MAG boxes,
what happens is:
The portal is loading up correctly; up to the very main screen where you should be able to choose the stream categories etc.. aldo I can`t move up or down / left or right
my remote control is not working at all on the screen so i can`t open anything or select the channels.
the remote it is working in the setting menu (inner portal etc) but not on the main portal screen after loading up.
please help what should i do??
Try to hard reset your device

egzeq

Free trials, 24/7 Support
Reseller
Feb 11, 2017
excellentiptv.com
Reseller ID
BigBang
Hello

what happens is:
The portal is loading up correctly; up to the very main screen where you should be able to choose the stream categories etc.. aldo I can`t move up or down / left or right
my remote control is not working at all on the screen so i can`t open anything or select the channels.
the remote it is working in the setting menu (inner portal etc) but not on the main portal screen after loading up.
you mean pull the power cable out / and in back again?
thanks mate

Cuvillier

Feb 19, 2016
France, FRA
Reseller ID
cuvillier
Hello

what happens is:
you mean pull the power cable out / and in back again?
thanks mate
Mostly, but I mean about data settings

egzeq

Free trials, 24/7 Support
Reseller
Feb 11, 2017
excellentiptv.com
Reseller ID
BigBang

FISHBRAIN

Feb 11, 2017
Hello.
I want to buy a Mag box and can´t decide which one.
It seems like everybody on this forum has the 254 version althouth 256 is the newer one (correct me if I´m wrong about that)

Is it worth buyin the 256 version or should I go with the old one? The price difference is 20€
Was facing the same question a couple of weeks back. From my research, both work just fine, the 256 simply is a bit faster. But the 256 does not have any extra features you would be missing with the 254. Have a look at MAG 254 vs 256

Redhawks

Feb 5, 2017
I Will buy mag 254 soon, should i buy the box with wifi or is that just a waste of money? The wifi box is about 20 euro higher in prize.

R-Media

Staff member
Jan 25, 2016
I Will buy mag 254 soon, should i buy the box with wifi or is that just a waste of money? The wifi box is about 20 euro higher in prize.
Buy MAG 256. It's very fast respect 254. And the price is almost same.

You dont need to WiFi, because IPTV is working good with Cable Internet (LAN)

Redhawks

Feb 5, 2017

Ok so you think its better to buy 256 than 254, is 256 easy to set up?
256 cost 30 euro more than 254, i Will order tomorrow i think.

R-Media

Staff member
Jan 25, 2016

Ok so you think its better to buy 256 than 254, is 256 easy to set up?
256 cost 30 euro more than 254, i Will order tomorrow i think.
Setup is the same like MAG 254

Redhawks

Feb 5, 2017

Bayoumi

Reseller
Sep 21, 2016
Lebanon
Reseller ID
bayoumi
i only sell 256 wifi to my customers... Its the best solution, and fast little stb box

Sibbe

Jan 28, 2017
Sweden
Question regarding movin favorite channels on mag 256. Ive selected my favorite channels and narrowed it down to 2 pages. Now when i want to move the channels, they move once i press the blue "move" button, and release the channel where i want it to be. Then, when i move back/forward on the pages i see that the channel did not remain where i put it. It went back to original position.
Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Have fimrware 7.10

Kladde

Nov 23, 2016
I don't know if I can post here but I will sell my mag 254. Let me know if someone is intressted. I live in sweden?

Ardi Plaku

Reseller
Jan 2, 2017
Reseller ID
aplaku
Well since we are in the MAG topic i have been trying to troubleshoot this WiFi problem i am having with now 2 MAG254. so far i have tried multiple WiFi adapters and tried all configurations with encryption and without encryption. The device works without a problem when is on my desk next to my NetGear Nighthawk router but the moment i move it away from the desk and in the other side of the living room aprox 4 meters away the boxes start acting up and lock freeze and sometimes dont load at all. anyone ever experienced any problems like this?

Cuvillier

Feb 19, 2016
France, FRA
Reseller ID
cuvillier
Well since we are in the MAG topic i have been trying to troubleshoot this WiFi problem i am having with now 2 MAG254. so far i have tried multiple WiFi adapters and tried all configurations with encryption and without encryption. The device works without a problem when is on my desk next to my NetGear Nighthawk router but the moment i move it away from the desk and in the other side of the living room aprox 4 meters away the boxes start acting up and lock freeze and sometimes dont load at all. anyone ever experienced any problems like this?
Your device seems to be away from the router. Similarly, WiFi waves can pass through walls and depending on their type, this causes a weakening of WiFi waves which results in a low power. I advise you to place the device near the exit door of the room.

Ardi Plaku

Reseller
Jan 2, 2017
Reseller ID
aplaku
Your device seems to be away from the router. Similarly, WiFi waves can pass through walls and depending on their type, this causes a weakening of WiFi waves which results in a low power. I advise you to place the device near the exit door of the room.
Has nothing to do with it the devices are in the same room without any obstruction or anything 3-4 meters away . Network wise has nothing to do with the problem. MAG is in the same table as my Windows Media Center that runs in wifi as well. The only way i can think is the way MAG handles WiFi. and Wifi adaptors compatible with it. so far i have used ANEWISH Wireless WiFi USB Dongle Stick Aura HD, ANEWISH Wireless WiFi USB Dongle Stick Adapter with Antenna 150Mbps 802.11n/g/b and ANEWISH Mini Wireless RT5370 USB Wifi Dongle Stick Nano Network Adapter 150Mbps and all of them experience the same problem. I wil try to use a non MIMO router and see if that might fix the problem. wanted to see if anyone had problemes like this and how they fixed them or what kind of wifi dongle would not couse that problem

T

The Internet TV Guy

I have the same... the box is through another IPTV provider and he must have modified the software... I cannot reset and via USB give me wrong signature. also via automatic update in inner portal I get wrong signature...

Is there any way to remove the modified firmware and go back the the original Infomir firmware?